Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The Final Countdown

So I'm at a point in the semester where it's a little bit past the need to pick a topic, and into the timing of actually working on it. It makes the most sense to work on screenplay for two reasons. The first is because I haven't decided to do a documentary or another screenplay, and the second is because I've made a lot of headway on my screenplay recently and is much closer to a finished product.

Realistically I haven't done enough research about wolf-hunting in Alaska, at least not to the extent that is needed, to develop a decent documentary. It is easily within my work capacity to write a persuasive essay about why it's an unacceptable form of hunting, but I don't look at this topic as something I disagree with and then go home and forget about it. I am ashamed that this is legal ANYWHERE in the United States. Because of that reason I don't think it's fair to myself to do the work just for the grade. If I'm going to give this project the time investment it deserves, it can't be done by the end of the semester.

Because of these reasons it only makes sense to focus on getting a professional, edited version of that finished by Aprils end. But before that happens, I've got to finish the first draft! Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated!

1 comment:

  1. Ben

    I was thinking you might want to post a part of you screenplay on your blog, so that people can check out your writing and comment on it. You might also want to make links to Nick's blog and mine, and to whatever other websites that you personally find interesting. I'm going to talk to Mr. Brookes tomorrow about the website, but I think that, since we're being graded on our websites instead of the Cap Stone, that we're supposed to gear our websites towards putting our writing out into the world, instead of just using it to supplement the portfolio class. I'll let you know more when I know. Either way, I'd be excited to read part of your screenplay if you put it up, I think that if anybody got on your page and read it, that it might generate some hype.

    Colin

    ReplyDelete